Co-Directors: Debbie Emling & Michael Keigher
Assistant Director: Kathleen Payne
Co-Vocal Directors: Mayalyn Cott & Karen Parkison
Co-Choreographers: Jordan Emling & Allie Haug
DISNEY'S MARY POPPINS JR. ~ The jack-of-all trades, Bert, introduces us to England in 1910 and the troubled Banks family. Young Jane and Michael have sent many a nanny packing before Mary Poppins arrives on their doorstep. Using a combination of magic and common sense, she must teach the family members how to value each other again. Mary Poppins takes the children on many magical and memorable adventures, but Jane and Michael aren't the only ones upon whom she has a profound effect. Even grown-ups can learn a lesson or two from the nanny who advises that, "Anything can happen if you let it." Disney and Cameron Mackintosh's Mary Poppins JR. is an enchanting mixture of irresistible story, unforgettable songs and breathtaking dance numbers.
Questions? Email the Directors at: firstname.lastname@example.org
DISNEY’S MARY POPPINS JR. AUDITION DETAILS
TO THE AUDITIONERS:
SOME SUPER(califragilisticexpialidocious) NEWS! The time has come to sign up for your Mary Poppins JR. audition! On behalf of the entire staff, we are very excited for our auditions in December! We want to thank all of you in advance for your interest in auditioning for our production. We know it is going to be a very difficult casting process because you are all going to be amazing! Please come prepared to auditions by having your audition form and conflict calendar sheets already completed, by reading and understanding the information provided below, by preparing your character, and by practicing your song selection and dance audition ahead of time. Yes, please bring your CHARACTER to your audition! There will be many auditioners, so give us everything you have during your time with us.
All auditioners must be 6 years of age and no older than 16 years of age by the first performance date (April 2, 2020).
TO THE PARENTS:
January and February rehearsals will be 3 to 4 times per week (there will be a mandatory cast/parent meeting on December 20, 2019, but then the next rehearsal will start after the holidays on January 2, 2020). March rehearsals might be every night, depending on how well the cast is doing at that time. We will add some weekend rehearsals especially for dance, if necessary. That has not been finalized yet, but we want you to be aware of this before you grant your child permission to complete the audition process. Rehearsal dates are subject to change. WE WILL HAVE FLYING REHEARSAL ON FRIDAY, MARCH 20, 2020, AND SATURDAY, MARCH 21, 2020, FOR MARY POPPINS AND MISS ANDREWS WHICH ARE MANDATORY FOR THESE CHARACTERS. THERE WILL ALSO BE DANCE REHEARSAL ON SATURDAY, MARCH 21, 2020, WHILE FLIGHT REHEARSAL IS OCCURRING. We want to have the entire cast at ALL of our final tech rehearsals, so please be open and honest when completing your auditioner’s conflict calendar. These dates are Friday, March 27 and March 30-April 1. Please be sure to fill out all of the conflicts for your child from the audition date through the final performance date. If you have any questions about the information provided here, please ask ahead of time by emailing the Co-Directors, Debbie Emling and Michael Keigher, at email@example.com.
All those cast in Disney's Mary Poppins JR. are required to become a KVTA member at some level (minimum $25) by a certain date during the rehearsal process. One parent being a member of KVTA does cover the membership requirement for any child or children.
All those cast in Disney's Mary Poppins JR. will not be able to audition for KVTA's The Music Man due scheduling conflicts.
Break A Leg!
The Staff of Mary Poppins JR.
There will be six (6) mandatory performances of this production.
School Performances*: Thursday, April 2, 2020; Friday, April 3, 2020 (There will be 2 performances each day.)
Public Performances: Saturday, April 4, 2020; Sunday, April 5, 2020 (There will be 1 performance each day.)
*Every young person cast in this production will be required to miss two days of school for the school performances. Every cast member will be required to have a permission slip signed by his/her teachers and principal during the first week of rehearsal. Failure to return this slip by the deadline given may result in the cast member being dropped from the cast.
ABOUT DISNEY’S MARY POPPINS JR.:
Your favorite practically perfect nanny takes center stage in this Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious adventure based on the award-winning Broadway musical and classic Walt Disney film. Based on one of the most popular Disney movies of all time and the Broadway musical that played for over 2,500 performances and received multiple Olivier and Tony Awards nominations, Disney and Cameron
Mackintosh's Mary Poppins is capturing hearts in a whole new way: as a practically perfect Broadway Junior musical!
AUDITION & CALLBACK LOCATION:
1 Stuart Dr.
Kankakee, IL 60901
Friday, December 13 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Saturday, December 14 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
*Please have both forms filled out when you arrive for your audition.
SIGN UP for your audition time slot online at: https://www.wejoinin.com/sheets/yfpkz
- Time slots are currently limited to 15 auditioners per slot.
- Additional time slots may be added, as needed.
- The number of auditioners per time slot may be increased, as needed.
- Children ages 6 or 7 years old may audition at 6:00 p.m. on Friday evening or at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday morning. If your child is 6 or 7 years of age and cannot attend either of these times, please email the Directors at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will come up with a suitable option for everyone involved.
- All other time slots are open to children ages 8 to 16. Your child must be 6 years of age and no older than 16 years of age by April 2, 2020. Proof of age may be requested. If your child is 8 to 16 years of age and cannot attend either of these audition dates, please email the Directors at email@example.com and we will come up with a suitable option for everyone involved.
Sunday, December 15 beginning at 1 p.m.
- For anyone new to the audition process, callbacks are only for select auditioners that the show staff members (i.e. Director, Assistant Director, Vocal Director, and Choreographer) would like to see again. We will post a callback list on Saturday, December 14th, after all auditions have been completed. The time of the posting for the callback list will be dependent upon how late we audition on Saturday. Your patience is greatly appreciated!
- If for any reason you cannot make this callback date, PLEASE email the Director before your audition, or tell the board member working the check-in table at auditions.
- If you are called back, it is highly encouraged that you make every effort to attend the callbacks.
- Tap auditions will only be done at callbacks from 1-2 pm. The auditioners that the choreographers would like to see for tap auditions will be listed on the callback list. The tap selection will be taught during the callback time.
- Readings for callbacks will be cold readings from the script. More information regarding callbacks will be provided after all auditions have been completed.
Follow this link to read the character descriptions to help you prepare for your audition.
CHARACTER BREAKDOWN ATTACHMENT
At auditions, each auditioner will read ONE of the character reading selections provided in this attachment. Each auditioner may read any ONE reading. Please bring your character to your reading!
CHARACTER READINGS ATTACHMENT
Here is a link to the script for a reference:
At auditions, each auditioner will sing ONE of the song selections listed below. All auditioners may choose to sing any of these selections even if they are not interested in these character roles.
Here is a link to the vocal tracks for a reference:
Each auditioner will perform the same audition dance. There is a front view of the dance and a back view of the dance. The audition dance has been recorded for the auditioners to learn on their own before the auditions. We will not teach the dance at the auditions. All auditioners are expected to learn their audition dance before the audition and perform their dance without instruction at auditions.
We are looking for some specialized dancers. If you have any training in TAP, please let us know by listing that on your audition form (although we will make our decisions on tap callbacks based on the dance auditions, too). We will list auditioners we would like to see tap at callbacks on the callback list. The tap callback audition piece will be taught at 1 p.m. on December 15, and then the auditioners will be split into groups for the Directors to watch them perform the tap piece.
The callback list will be posted on the KVTA website at http://www.kvta.org and on the KVTA Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/kankakeetheatre on Saturday, December 14, after all auditions have been completed, so it could be late in the day.
The cast list will be posted on the KVTA website at http://www.kvta.org and on the KVTA Facebook page at
http://www.facebook.com/kankakeetheatre on Sunday, December 15, after all callbacks have been completed, so it could be very late in the evening. Thank you in advance for your patience as we will have many difficult decisions to make!
For those cast in the show, our CAST READ THRU and PARENT MEETING will be on Friday, December 20 at 6 p.m. at the
KVTA Studios. This is a mandatory meeting.
Further questions regarding auditions, callbacks, or casting may be emailed to the Directors at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday, April 4, 2020 | 7:00 PM
Sunday, April 5, 2020 | 2:00 PM